Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Friday, August 19

This morning, my good friend Ofain came up the hill to tell me that a woman had come from another village to sell mud crabs, kafol.  So, I followed her back down the hill to find three of the HUGEST crabs I have ever seen!  Their claws were as big as Benjamin's hand!  I bought two and we enjoyed trying to dump them from the flour sack into the pot of water.

Later, Ofain's husband, David, came up and asked if we had any fish hooks and if he could borrow Aaron's canoe.  Sure enough, later in the day, he came back with two beautiful fish for our family.

When we arrived in Marulaon earlier this week, we were surprised to find our big rain tank more empty than full.  With not enough rain, we have begun to haul buckets of water from the wells around us to wash clothes and flush the toilet.  Aaron measured the rain tank yesterday, and it measured 18 inches of water.  Today it measured 16 inches.

Now several of us are feeling rather yucky with fever, more of the belly run, and some aches and pains.  I think we will all crash early tonight.

2 comments:

Julie Ganey said...

I am praying for strength for you and your family. It can be so hard when you are feeling sick. I will also pray that the Lord multiplies your rain and gives you JOY in the process of being sick, having to haul buckets, and waiting for rain. Keep up the good work! Your faithfulness is a testimony to many.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Praying for your water and your health. Doesn't sound too fun to have to bucket-flush when you have "belly run". (I think I can figure out what the name indicates...)

Julie