Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Rain

a downpour last week producing a beautiful little stream by our house


Please pray for rain in Honiara. The city water has been unreliable this week, but SITAG has rain tanks set up to provide drinking water and to help supplement the city water for cleaning clothes, dishes, etc. We have extra people here for the Boghotu New Testament dedication, and we have run out of water in the city tanks. A good rain would help fill them back up.




"As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:10-11

3 comments:

Nahna said...

How I wish we could send our clouds to you all. It rained again last night and it is too wet here. Praying for God to send the rain to Honiara and for the people there.
Floods in India and all the rain here...God knows and He is faithful.
I hope you all are ok in all regards.
Love to each of you, with hugs and kisses.

Ava Pool said...

Yes, I wish we could send some of our rain your way too! We are supposed to paint at Kristin's tomorrow and I hope it doesn't rain so much that the paint won't dry... Hope you are having a wonderful day - God bless!

S and J said...

Praying friends...for the waters to rain down! Hope ya'll are doing well. Think of you so often!!