Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sweet Sabbath

Even though I'm late posting, I'm still overflowing with thankfulness for our Father's Day weekend in Jonesboro, Arkansas.

"...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -- if anything is excellent or praise worthy -- think about such things."  Philippians 4:8




For valuable antique puzzles




and great-grandmothers to work them with great-grandaughters



For an Oma who enjoys playing with her granchildren and doesn't mind getting wet





and for a Gran and Pop who have been married 64 years





For a beautiful early morning view on Gran and Pop's back porch



and for the sunlight that filtered through the green canopy of leaves while I drank my coffee and read my Bible.



For children who adore their Daddy




and a Daddy who adores his children




For little girl dresses to iron before church



and two full rows of Choates at First United Methodist Church in Jonesboro


Mostly for four generations of Choate men, together at last on Father's Day

2 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

LOVE all the pictures - especially early morning on the back porch. Looks like a slice of heaven ;D

Julie

Leslie said...

You guys are enjoying yourselves so much. I envy that you have so much family. Mine has mostly passed on. I hope my children have lots of grandbabies for me!