Tuesday, April 24, 2012

From March 23

My second session making banana cake got off to a slow start, and it was a very different feel because none of these ladies had ever made banana cake before.  The hardest part is getting the fire just right!  Katherine came down with me and had a blast playing with her friends.  We collected quite a crowd of guys, too, and they all had good questions about the recipe and cooking process.



Sarah and I also made some jello to share with the kindy class.  Originally, I wanted to use the alphabet cookie cutters like I do with my own kids, but we decided to use shapes instead for ease in getting them out of the pan.  Jello melts almost as soon as you take it out of the fridge here in Marulaon.


They had to tell me what color and what shape the jello was before they got any to eat, and then they loved showing off their colored tongues!  Using Lavukaleve was good for me, too.  I'm not used to using the plural form of the verbs, so I got a little bit of school this morning, too.


Sarah was a huge help for me.  She has good classroom management, and I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up teaching young children when she grows up.

1 comment:

Abi's Blog said...

Isn't it fun watching your own children become teachers! I am loving catching up with you. Someday I'm going to catch up on my own blog!
Love ya,
Ava